Friday, April 4, 2014

TLA Next Week

I am excited to join my fellow school librarians at TLA next week! I was just checking out the Tech Camp information on the TASL page of the TLA site, and I am kicking myself for not signing up when I registered. Like many "techie" people, I sometimes feel as though there is not much for me to learn at tech camps; I stay abreast of innovations in educational technology, and I feel that I am pretty savvy. After reading the session descriptions, however, I am reminded that no one knows everything, and that participating in tech camps and technical sessions at TLA, SXSW, TCEA, and other conferences should be a priority if I am to keep up with everything that is going on.

Tech is not only about innovations and gadgets. At the end of the day, tech is about how people use those innovations and gadgets. That is where librarians of all types can swoop in and help!

See you @ TLA!

No comments:

Post a Comment