Sunday, April 13, 2014

Wow!

This week, I got to experience the Texas Library Association from yet another perspective, that of a vendor. So far I've gone to this conference as a presenter (twice), a conference attendee (also twice), and now as a vendor. I have enjoyed each experience in different ways. This year, I was not able to attend as many sessions as usual because of meetings and manning the booth on the exhibit floor. This was actually OK, because it allowed me to work on rolling out the K-12 database program for Texas, and to meet and begin interacting with many of the folks I'll be working closely with for the next several months to make this program successful! I also got to speak with hundreds of school librarians and hear their thoughts on the new program as well.

I'll have my work cut out for me next week as I dive headlong into the details of this project, but I am still as enthusiastic about it as I was when I started!

If you are interested in learning more, TSLAC has the FAQs posted here:
https://www.tsl.texas.gov/k12/e-resources

And Gale has an excellent support site all set up for Texas school librarians, with links to their products:
http://galesupport.com/texas/

More to come soon, including how to sign up with Region 20 Education Service Center!

No comments:

Post a Comment